1. I want people to notice my new eye color and ask me about it. If you are bold, dramatic and comfortable being the center of attention, then you want an eye color that everyone notices immediately. So, for instance:
- If your skin, hair and natural eye colors have cool, blue-red undertones, you might choose a warm-toned contact lens such as light brown.
- If your skin is dark, you might choose bright-colored lenses.
- Do you wear eye makeup? Choose a contact lens color that will stand out from the shadow and mascara colors you like to wear.
- If your natural eye color is brown, you might choose contact lenses in violet, green or blue.
2. I want people to notice that I look different but not know exactly why. If you are shy and retiring or just want a natural look, you may be happier with a more subtle change:
- One option is an enhancer lens that is the same basic color as your eyes, which would define the edges of your iris and deepen your natural color, but not change it dramatically.
- If your natural eye color is blue, you might choose contact lenses in gray or green.
- If your skin, hair, makeup and natural eye colors are warm-toned, you might choose a warm color contact lens such as hazel to match and blend in.